Hello my readers!
OMG! I JUST FIGURED OUT WHAT I WANT TO BE WHEN I GROW UP!!!
I have been a very, very busy woman living it up here in NYC!! I have been shoving women with children down flights of stairs in order to catch a train, fighting with the local sewer wildlife, taking trips to the Hamptons and generally going insane! This is one of the reasons why I love NYC…it’s a wild ride 24/7! I have been caught up in the go, go, go fever that summarizes NYC. I have talked about being a DJ, pursuing a career in photography and working on launching my own small business as a free lance makeup artist/creative director. All of my interests are tied together by one common thread….the need to make the world pretty. I would love others to view the world as I do…in color, in stereo. Yes, there are areas that are black, some that are white and a lot of gray areas mixed in between. Life is gritty and grimy at times, dark and disgusting. There are also times where the sun is shining brightly and bluebirds are singing in the meadows. I want to capture LIFE. It took me a while to figure this all out and guide all the misdirected thoughts into one direction. My freelance business will be more than just as a makeup artist. I will be an artistic director, if that makes sense to anyone
With this in mind, I want to start right away…which I can not do. I do not have the proper beginning equipment!! I need a damned good camera and have my eye on one. I am drooling over this camera. I am reading up on the specifications, exploring all the features and whistling at bells. I want this camera more than anything.
Photography will go hand in hand with my make up artistry. I need photos to create a portfolio. I don’t trust anyone with my creative visions but me. I can see the picture in my head, all the details. How to create those details, down to the grit of a five a clock shadow run circles in front of me. I can feel the image I want a photo to portray…I can see it!! I can see the feeling.
What brought all of this about? Photography has actually been a long love of mine. As a little girl, I used my father’s camera and took photos of just about everything. (I also wrote and read a LOT. If I wasn’t behind a camera, I was behind a book). I would take photos for special events (dances and graduations, picnics and family gatherings).
I am also going back to school this coming spring. I decided on my major, minor and the school I want. I am completing ALL the paperwork now.
Do I need to get a life? LOL.
In my spare time, I play chess against my computer, write stories and right now? I am teaching myself Algebra all over again. If I am going back to school, I need to bone up on that.....math was never my best subject. I am doing pretty good, if I say so myself!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment