Friday, June 25, 2010
Enter the Nerd
Hello dear readers!
I have been quite busy since the last blog post…as always. I took a trip to the Hamptons (fell in love with a bathroom. Yes, I saw my dream bathroom in the living flesh and squealed with delight. It was sooo beautiful. I still have dreams of it) and I am teaching myself the game of chess. It is very hard but I am a fast learner. I am playing against my computer and losing miserably…but learning each time I lose. When I win a game, I will know I am a complete nerd and queen of the world! Nothing relaxes me more after a day of work than a glass of merlot, a game of chess and listening to some Boccelli or Mozart. Please, don’t everyone laugh all at the same time. I am a bit of a brain and will admit I got a sick thrill out of playing chess. I am a planner and love strategy games. Anything that will engage my brain functions gives me a hard on. I love to plot, scheme and execute a game plan. I do not know why I haven’t picked up the game of chess earlier in life. I find myself analyzing….oh, I could go on for days about the game of chess! I do apologize.
I am also writing a book!!! Yes, there is a story to be told and I will tell it. I am not sure if it will go anywhere, but I have already written a good deal of it. What is the plot? A young woman making her way in NYC with the economy in shambles as it is. That is all I am going to divulge at this time! It will be fictional, of course. My prose is horrible at worst, but that is why editors get paid the big bucks, correct? I am just kidding. I don’t want editing to take away from the story (or the story to get lost in the editing) so I am doing it myself. I am also going to write some more erotica and hopefully have them published. Did I mention I was a nerd?
I am still working on the layout of my newsletter…I have to work fast, as I want the first issue sent out on the first of July.
I am also cursing the fact lawmakers in Albany increased the tax on tobacco. A pack of cigarettes will now cost about 13 dollars. I sense a conspiracy afoot, as there is new media targeting smokers and urging them to quit. WTF is going on here in New York? The MTA (my favorite subject to bitch about) has also lost their minds….I love living in NYC. It’s a catch-66. What is a catch-66? It is a catch-22 three ways. You are damned if you do, cursed if you don’t and stupid if you do something about nothing. That is the only way I can explain living in NYC…it’s a catch-66.
I do not foresee any relaxation time anytime soon. I would love to begin touring this July…but that may have to hold off a bit. I will see how things go in my professional and personal life.
Of course, if I write a book it will be under a pen name. I don’t want to give up providing anytime soon!
Til we meet dear readers,
Khym Danyels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment