Tuesday, July 6, 2010

When the garters come off...

I have no clue why I am writing this except for the fact I need to post something really silly.


I was just thinking to myself…what DO people do when they think they are alone?

I for instance, dance and rock out loud to pop music. Not just Britney spears and Nsync….I take it to another level. The cheesier the song, the more I LOVE it. Case in point would be “Candy” by Mandy Moore. In fact, I love her whole first album. It just rocks out loud and puts me in a happy mood. I remember when she first came on the music scene! The sweet innocence of my teenage years...sigh. I was 15 or 16 at the time and had just started my first ever real job. I was working in the mall, earning my own money…I felt grown as all hell. That is my sinful indulgence…really corny pop songs. I love all kinds of music from Marilyn Manson to the Beethoven. I especially love…oh lord am I going to lose some cool points here, J-pop. Japanese pop music, especially when it is sung in Japanese. I don’t understand a word that is being said, save a few words here and there, but I love it. There is a series called Chobits and the theme song is called “Let me be with you”. Yes, I rock out loud to this song. I looked up the words online and sing along with it. Its just me and my cats in my apartment, rocking out loud. Of course, my cats just roll their eyes and hide under the bed or on top of the fridge when I am in my “I want to be happy dammit” mood. I can’t say I blame them….I cant carry a tune in a bucket.

See, I grew up during the time New Kids on the Block exploded on the scene. I was in the third grade and was caught up in the frenzy of “boy bands”. The Backstreet boys and Nsync are NOTHING compared to the insanity of NKOTB. We are a special breed of fans and die hard. I never liked the blue eyed, blonde baby of these groups…I always went for the dark brooding ones. Jordan Knight? I am STILL in love with him to this day. Sigh.

I don’t care. I like cheesy pop songs. Barbie Girl by Aqua is one of my theme songs. It is just a feel good song that rocks out loud.
Admit it. You like it too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment