I am not sure where this post will wind up. This idea suddenly came to me and I am literally typing as I go along.
So, the weather has gotten nice here in NYC for the past week or so. I have thought about hitting the bars, dancing the night away...but eh. Perhaps I am too old and career driven? I know I mentioned in an earlier post I wanted to find ways to relax...even if I had to force myself to. The sad thing is..I don't know too many people here in NYC...so I do not know where to go. Stomping around Manhattan gets a little old after the tenth time.
Oh! I have an idea! I could always pick out my favorite coffeeshops! I had three of them in DC. These were coffeeshops I always hung out at when I wanted to be outdoors and still work. Ah man, just thinking about DC has me a little teary. I miss Dupont and Logan Circles. I miss P and 14th Street. I miss having a Whole Foods two blocks away from me. The only Whole Foods I know of in NYC is in Union Square...and that is a long train ride.
I still love living in NYC though. It is going to take some adjusting on my part!
So, with spring in the air, the age old saying comes to mind. Spring flowers turning thoughts of fancy to love or some crap like that. Yes, I mangled that saying and I apologize to all of those who use it. I apologize to the one who thought it up. I just can not think of the correct saying at this time. Oopsie. I have noticed something. I have no interest in dating anyone outside of "work". Why? I have always had high standards when it comes to choosing a partner. I suppose this is why I have remained single. Any attempts at acting like a real human and having a realationship....eh. The outcome was just not pretty. No, wait, I correct myself. It was pretty...pretty silly and embarassing. Yikes. Anyways, this fact coupled with the fact I have been completely spoiled by the males species as an adult entertainer....yah. I have NO CHANCE at having a normal relationship. Does this make me sad? Shockingly..no. I have always been a gay man trapped in a lesbian's body. (dont ask what my sexuality is. It varies from day to day). I am the type of woman who enjoys tearing it up at a strip club...and do not mind if anyone I was committed to wanted to do the same. The only thing I asked was that he not frequent the same strip club as me. If a man I was dating wanted to go out with the boys and act stupid....fine by me. Why? My feeling is this. The fact that I am in a committed relationship does not mean my life stops....nor would I want my partner's life to stop. That is where I think a lot of couples screw up. They quit living the life they were living!! They enter into a relationship and live solely for that partner. See? Tell me I am wrong. I think you will have a hard time saying so, once you sit down and really think about it.
Being an adult enterrainer has....well, I wouldn't say jaded me but rather, has made me aware of a few things. I have been completely spoiled. If I were to date someone outside of this hobby, he would have big shoes to fill. I am used to being wined and dined, taken to plays, taken out shopping....really. I am used to being treated as something special, as a priceless work of art. Not fragile, but with respect and dignity. That is all I ask really. Something so simple and so many people mess that up! I don't understand.
So, what is a single lady to do in the city during the spring?
Run outdoors instead of on the treadmill I guess. Hunt all of Manhattan for that perfect coffeeshop.
Practice my kendo outdoors instead of slicing up my ceiling in my apartment. (I probably should touch it up with some plaster or paint before the super sees it)
So, my mind is always on other things. I simply do not have the time to enter into a serious relationship with anyone!!!! Thankfully, I am working on getting a real life. We shall see...............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment