Little things make me happy!!
Strawberries. I love strawberries. I think it goes back to some childhood memories..of lazy summers at my Grandma's house. She had wild strawberries in her backyard..and i would make myself sick by eating them. I havent had strawberries so juicy and sweet since...man. Those were good!! I can still taste them..and feel the stickiness on my hands. I would plop down on the ground (i do believe I was about 4 or 5...) and just eat them. Ants, dirt and all. I didnt care. They were yummy. I guess that is why one of my favorite cartoons growing up was Strawberry Shortcake.
Porkchops!!! I love, love, love love love love porkchops. Even the name sounds cute. Porkchop. Makes my mouth water. Once again, I think it ties back in with my upbringing. My grandfather was an excellent cook. In fact, the women in my family always hook up with men who can cook..hmm. But man!! Those porkchops always came out so...yummyliscious!! Seasoned and fried up just right....oh man. The whole house would smell of...porkchops. Good god. I am a sucker for a good darned porkchop.
Lace. I am not much of a silk person...in fact, I am a pretty practical person. Why wear silk when it is just going to...slide?? My wardrobe is pretty simple. I wear dark colors...blacks, blues and purples. Gray and silver at times too. Now, my underclothes? Thats my secret indulgence. I love fishnet stockings. Regular stockings make me feel like I am suffocating..and I do like to feel free. Oh..and they have to be thigh hi's...not that control top crap. I like my panties and bras to have a bit of lace..not completely lace. Cant go wrong with cotton....
Music. Any post i make on any discussion board has a link to a song. I have ALWAYS loved music..all types. The blues, jazz, rap, italian lyrics, spanish, Czech, classical, broadway, trance, electronica, death metal, ska, grunge, r and b..I love music! Why? I can always find a song to fit whatever mood i am in. Music also helps me set my mood. If I am about to see a client, I will play something upbeat..but sensual. If I am at home relaxing with a cup of tea..then i will play some Ella Fitzgerald. I hear music and it is like it takes me over..i feel it in my veins..i come alive..however, i can not carry a tune in a bucket. I cant sing..and I dont try to. lol
Anime. I have always been a fan of Japanese Animation. Not the regular run of the mill silly cartoons one may see on TV. I love the ones that have depth to them...the pic above is of a series called Shikabane Hime. The underlying plot is of Buddhist teachings of enlightenment, life and death. It is by far, the BEST damn series I have come across. What happens to our regrets and obsessions when we die? Do they manifest and continue living? Reincarnation? This series just kicked ass...I loved it. I will be posting a blog soon about the concepts discussed in the series. I also prefer my anime with subtitles..as so much is often lost in translation. I also love Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex..1st and 2nd Gig. I think there is a 3rd gig out..I am still looking for it. The soundtrack is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, as I discovered Ilaria Graziano. She is an italian singer who does most of the vocals for the songs. Her voice is hauting. Beautiful...of another world. Listen to her on youtube and you shall see what I mean. Make sure you have a glass of wine beside you...her voice will transport you into another world. I am in the process of collecting all of her songs..
KeyChains. I collect keychains from different cities I visit. Just something quirky about me. I like the metal ones that have something in the middle you can spin. I have no clue where this obsession came from. I havent tried to figure it out either. lol.
VIDEOGAMES!!! I am the biggest RPGer out there. I have played almost all the Final Fantasy series (just finished up Crisis Core, as it has Sephiroth in it.
Something about guys with silver hair..and the strategy one has to use in serious games...keeps me busy.



No comments:
Post a Comment