Now, what brought all of this thinking about one's true nature about? Well...and this may sound a bit crazy so bear with me..I watch a lot of anime. Not the regular silly cartoons dubbed in English..I prefer the originals with subtitles. I prefer stories that have actual plots, twists and turns. Anyways, there is one series that..really made me stop and think. It's a series called Shikabane Hime...you can watch it on http://www.hulu.com/. Anyways, the general idea of this show is the question of what happens when we die? What if we die with regrets? Words never spoken? Dreams never fulfilled? Hopes never realized? Lost loves? Un resovled issues?
Well, in the series...all of these..allow the spirit of someone to carry on....well, take that back. These regrets and the like take physical form...with a bit of the original spirit still alive. These regrets become monsters, called Shikabane. They wander the earth, trying to fulfill their regrets. For example, if a young mother is killed in an accident...she will regret not being able to hold her child. So, the Shikabane she will become..will kill other young children...in the hopes that she will find her own child.
The teachings of enlightenment, reincarnation and various Buddhist teachings are referenced in this series..in fact, I would hazard a guess and say this show is based on such. As I said, it was the most interesting series I have ever come across. The viewpoints of reincarnation especially fascinated me. I have always wondered about reincarnation...and after watching this series..now I wonder even more about it.
You know how some refer to deja vu? An event in their life triggers a long distant memory...this memory hovers on the conscious mind at all times. Some have learned to ignore these flutterings of memories...just what if..what if deja vu really is a trigger to uncovering these lost memories? Where did these lost memories come from? A past life. Why do we have a past life? We left this world with business unfinished...which creates a tie between the spirit and living world. A soul can not rest if there are regrets and obsessions.
Another interesting viewpoint brought up by this animated series is..a person's true nature. The series introduces the viewer to another group of Shikabane..those that have released their ties to their regrets..and the acceptance of their true nature is what enables them to survive in the living world.
This group of Shikabane exists due to the fact they have embraced their true natures..or so they believe. Whether it be a wish for everyone to be as happy as they were, or just cruel to everyone (and not caring), the acceptance of their true nature has survived even death. the leader of this group is a young woman who was sactificed in a religous sect. She is death itself for she has not true nature, no regrets (she was kept as a sacrifice, cut off from all human contact)..yadda yadda.
The concept of one's true nature got me thinking...oh yes. One of those two week deals that I dive deep into myself to figure out. This made me think...of why I was so unhappy in my life. I was denying my true nature..which is actual a dual, contradictory nature. I am the Alpha and the Omega. I am neither black nor white....but I am BOTH. Hence, the creation of SinfulAngel. SinfulAngel is...me. I am classy and ghetto. Smart and dumb. Kind and cruel. Light and Darkness. Now that I have finally accepted who I am..I am much happier with my life in general. I don't seek the acceptance of others anymore. I have finally accepted my true nature...was denial the source of my seemingly eternal unhappiness? I was denying my true nature and trying to be what i wasnt? Is this true for everyone?
The things I wonder at times simply amazes me. Now that another story is begging for my attention, I have to finish this post up and start another.



No comments:
Post a Comment