Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hmm...Recent Readings on a Discussion Board

I am a member of many discussion boards. Some I am more active on than others. Every now and again, I come across a post made by someone that just impresses me to no end. The wording, the topic choice...these are factors that determine if i will respond with my own personal thoughts or not. Some people will post something stupid in an attempt to start drama....these posts I tend to avoid. Of course, every now and again, the evil in me rears its ugly head and I happily dive first into the train wreck.

One of my favorite discussion board sites happens to be TER. If you are reading this blog of mine, then I do not need to go into an explanation of what TER is. Hee Hee. My favorite board on TER is the General Discussion board. I will post on there when I feel like interacting with others in the hobby community. I do it for fun really. I even created the Hump Day report, a recap of all the discussions that took place in a week's time. Really, between you and me....I enjoy writing. i write when the mood strikes me, of course. Sometimes it is a good way to vent.

Anyways, back to the discussion boards and my love of writing....I read a post by a young lady about client/provider boundaries. It was well worded, polite but still driving home her point. It was not demeaning to anyone, no names were called, her intentions were to impart a message. Her post also left room for discussion...which, is the whole point of a discussion board. Her post was a much needed breath of fresh air. Other ladies had posted their rants and raves...and sounded like bitching wives. Point blank. There is no other way to describe it. Filled with animosity, hatred, putting others down...eew. Distasteful. Was all the bitching necessary? Really. A provider who bitches about clients on a P4P site....is just stupid, if you ask me.

Sigh.

When will some understand the concept of thinking before they type?

No comments:

Post a Comment