The topic of religon is a touchy one with most people. Religon has a long history of violence, brainwashing, heartache, drama and money. Jealous gods, people jealous of the gods and those "chosen" by the gods to lead followers...and of course, destruction. Have you noticed how most religons focus on a doomsday? These teachings scare the followers into obedience, hence the brainwashing. I am one who does not agree with this particular way of practice. Oh, and let's not forget....questions are NOT allowed. No one dares question the authority of appointed religous leaders or hoy scriptures. The word is law....to defy is to die. (in a sick way, that little motto has a nice ring to it. oh my)
A friend of mine recently decided (or perhaps has been entertaining this idea for many years, i am not sure) to become a practicing Buddhist. I was delighted for him when I first found out....perhaps he would find the way to silence his inner demons and live a more peaceful life. When I say peaceful, I mean a way of coping with all the hurts and pains daily life throws at someone. His re awakening (I guess that is what one could call it) made my mind whirl. I have always been curious about Eastern religons and did some research on a few.
Buddhism attracts me because it eencourages independent thought. You are given guidance and what you do is up to you. You can either choose the path shown or go another route. There is no definitive hell, no fires and no brimstone. While he chose another Buddhist path, I am researching the Kadampa Buddhist path. I may even take a trip to a meditation center this week!! (can you say field trip?)
I am giving this much thuoght and hope I can just find out some answers to my questions....which is all I really wanted anyways. I want to be able to ask questions...and get answers.
We shall see!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment